About Me

My photo
A blog with a twist. Attempting to shape in words the tangled web of thoughts in my head, but always ending each post in the form of a positive conclusion, intended to reach out and help people looking for inspiration and advice. So yea....here goes....

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Trust is a Must

On the new adventure. No idea what could possibly be ahead of me.  I  then came to a very interesting fork in the road. There were two paths. And they were both sign-posted. To the left there was a path that looked very well-trekked already, as if many a person had stomped their way down it before. The plants around it had been heavily trod on, bent over and lifeless. This was signposted with the following Japanese phrase:

- 長いものにはまかれる・ (nagai mono ni wa makareru)

Translation:  wrap a long thing around you.

Meaning conveyed: Once you have wrapped a rope around you, you can easily be pulled by others, down the path that everyone else follows, to do and be exactly the same as them.

This path seemed so well defined that I could actually see it's destination in the distance. And as I gazed down for a few more moments, from only imagining the predictability of it, I had a sudden feeling of deep emptiness. Just from the fact that I knew exactly where that path led was enough  for me to turn my head away and look for an alternative.

And so I turned my attention to the other path on my right, which was signposted with another phrase in Japanese:

- 茨の道を選ぶ (ibari no michi wo erabu)

Translation: Choose the path full of rose thorns

Meaning: Choose the dangerous path, and you will gain the biggest reward.

I looked down this path obviously in fear. There was danger of hurt, pain and suffering. But I was convinced that I would discover beautiful things, and have adventurous stories to tell and share with others, spreading happiness, joy and love, which of course is all I ever wanted. And of course, just as importantly, inspiring others to do exactly the same, making this world an even more vibrant and exciting place to live for everyone to enjoy.

And so I made my obvious choice. But before I set off on the perilous journey to true happiness, light and love, I looked at the person who was standing beside me, also trying to choose a path. And for a very brief moment, as we looked into each others eyes, a mutual agreement and understanding was shared between us and I had a sudden feeling of pure joy shining from inside of me. I reached out my hand. But at that moment, I looked again and the light in the eyes had slowly started to diminish.

I saw fear had won it's battle, and completely taken over. In the next instance, the magnetism started to repel and we were pushed down separately, down separate directions, down separate destinies.

I now travel this path full of thorns, alone but content, sending love and light down the other path when I can, while simultaneously trying to learn the lesson of acceptance. The winds have changed their tone and the only word I hear being whispered to me now is......'Trust...'.

Then it became clear. Do we really know what is good and bad for us in our lives? Or do we create illusions about what are good and bad and blame the universe when we don't get what we think we want?

The real questions are:

Can we be patient enough to wait for the blessings in store for us all, or will we lose all chance of it because we are too busy complaining about what we think don't have?

I suddenly understood what I had to do. I switched off fear, and replaced it with pure unconditional Trust. Trust in the universe, that it well, truly  and ultimately wants the very best for me, even if it's not so obvious to me at times. And so with my mind at peace I trusted, took the jump, and now a stronger, happier and wiser person is here in front of you, telling you this story.

 Trust today, and things may go your way.


No comments:

Post a Comment