About Me

My photo
A blog with a twist. Attempting to shape in words the tangled web of thoughts in my head, but always ending each post in the form of a positive conclusion, intended to reach out and help people looking for inspiration and advice. So yea....here goes....

Friday 23 February 2018

Why I am an easy-pleaser

What do you say when someone asks you the question - "did you like it?" "Yea good." "Fine" "It was alright".? How do you feel when you reply as so?

Over the years I have learnt and mastered the power of gratitude. Saying thank you for the smallest things that are in my life on a daily basis. Everything I say thank you for seems to stay in my life. However, recently I have realised that this way of thinking has had a secondary effect on how I react to things. Anything positive that happens, I seem to react very strongly to. Using words such as amazing, awesome, fantastic. If someone has cooked me food, or if I see a cool movie, or even travelling to random non-touristic places - I just can't give a half hearted answer anymore.

For me, all of these things are absolutely wonderful.

What happens with this reaction you might ask? Well more of these things that I think are amazing enter my life. Amazing attracts amazing.

But it is hard sometimes. Not many people in this world think the same way, and it would be great to share my enthusiasm for everything with more people. With such unique thinking, things can get fustrating. But it has never been enough fustration to conform to ordinary thinking, ordinary responses leading to ordinary lives.

I recently went on a trip to Paraguay, stopping in Brazil and Argentina to see Iguazu falls. Not much was planned beforehand, and so it was a very go-with-the-flow experience. When I came back I realised how amazing everything worked out, every action that occured led to the next with perfection and there was a little bit of everything involved in the journey, nature, parties, history. I can't help but look back and think, how magnificent everything was.

During the visit to Iguazu falls, I witnessed the forces of nature at the maximum that I have ever seen. The giant waterfalls gushed water with so much power. It was there I felt the true forces of nature. This park also had a perfect balance of wildlife, and it was all thanks to ever flowing water, hot climate and abundance of trees. And I sat and comtemplated life in those moments, as I believe Nature is out best teacher. The force of the waters reminded me that there are something that you have no control over and it is best to let them go. The impecable balance created by the eco system reminded me that, even if you have lost equilibrium in your life, there is always a chance to find it again. That is where the happiness hides :)

So, the next time someone asks you, 'hey how was it? Did you like it? Try thinking about all the great lessons you may have learned and instead of answering with 'good' 'fine' answer 'amazing' 'fantastic' 'magnificient'. You will feel a whole lot happier and notice more amazing things entering your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment