About Me

My photo
A blog with a twist. Attempting to shape in words the tangled web of thoughts in my head, but always ending each post in the form of a positive conclusion, intended to reach out and help people looking for inspiration and advice. So yea....here goes....

Friday 19 February 2016

The origin of your inner power

One of my favourite words in Japanese is actually the word to ask someone how they are everyday. The word is pronounced as 'Genki'. So to ask someone how they are, you can literally just say 'genki?'. But there is also a second meaning to this word. It is a word to describe a person with a lot of energy and enthusiasm for life in general. You can say something like 'Oh I know her, yea she is really genki.' The more I live here the more I have come to realise what other people think about me. And nearly always I am described as the 'genki one'. Not a bad title to have if you ask me.

Today after a rollercoaster of emotions that I went through, I came out the other end feeling randmonly genki - for no apparent reason. I often get asked the question 'Maria, how come your so genki? Where does it come from?' And to be honest I didn't really have an answer for this. Mainly because I didn't really understand why myself. But I really wanted an answer because the genki feeling is something that I always want to share with everyone around me. Just because it is just so great to be Genki. 

So I decided to do a bit of research into the real meaning of this so catchy word. I discovered this. 

The chinese characters to spell it look like this: 元気。The first character 元 pronounced 'gen' means origin. The second character 気 pronounced 'ki' has a few different meanings. It could be translated as spirit or an inner power. 

Everything then started to make sense. This feeling inside of me that gives me so much energy is the origin of my spirit. What is the origin of my spirit? Well the origin of everything comes from Love. Everyday I will always find an opportunity to Love unconditionally. Maybe this is the universe's way of giving back, filling me with lots of genkiness. This in turn provides me the energy to be as proactive as possible to achieve anything that I want. Maybe that is why I am not afraid to dream big. 

'all dreams come with in-built challenges, and all challenges come with in-built dreams'

My recommendation for the day: Be young and genki forever


No comments:

Post a Comment