About Me

My photo
A blog with a twist. Attempting to shape in words the tangled web of thoughts in my head, but always ending each post in the form of a positive conclusion, intended to reach out and help people looking for inspiration and advice. So yea....here goes....

Wednesday 17 November 2010

5 bolts of lightening may make you forget the rain....

The days grow dark, the nights pitch black.... and so this shadow starts to infect the deep corners of my mind.  First its subtle, but slowly it starts to spread like wildfire, gripping my heart, sometimes fully, making it hard to breathe. Winter it seems, brings much negativity with its cold icy fingers. With its bitterness it plants these ideas - ideas that turns into fears. And its not just any fear. Its unnecessary, obsessive, stupidly uncontrollable - and suprisngly deep rooted.

In these dark times we must be cautions. Wary that it could have so much power over us. Careful not to fall too deep to this overwhelming fate. 

I found a trick. Works for me every single time. Brings warmth and light to my life when inspiration is lacking and the darkness fights to take over my thoughts. 

Those moments in your life - the special ones. the unforgettable ones. They usually only last for a few seconds, but they contain mainly one important factor - pure and intensified happiness. They derive soley from one aspect of positivity - Appreciation

Now if i think of 5 of these moments in my head, and open my eyes, black turns into grey, coldness has been replaced with a warm atmosphere, and the heavyness wieghing on my heart lifts. My world is literally transformed.

Ill share my experience, and give 5 examples - of course ive had many more of these moments in my life, as I like to think i appreciate alot of things, but 5 will do for now.

1. I was about 8 years old. I never had many toys. But a little girl still dreams. Still looks in woolworths everyday, looking at that Anastacia jewelry box that sings when you open it. £23 - i might get it in my dreams. Of course my dad knew about it, but i knew he couldnt afford it. Every friday he would walk into the school and demand to see my work for that week. The teachers thought he was a freak, but if i had done well, he would buy me a little something in town. I made sure i worked hard all the time. one time he didnt go in for a few weeks. when he did come in and saw my work he took me into town and bought me that jewelry box. i felt like my whole life had been lifted up into heaven. My dad saved his pennies for weeks, just to make me experience that feeling. 

- Thank you

2. Ten years old in India. Children must go to bed quite early. But I heard the indian music! the adults were playing it loud. I had grown to love that music, it just made me move. Apparently i was a natural bollywood dancer, did all the moves perfectly and no one had taught me - but only in the day time when no one was around. Please grandad, dad, can we (me and my sis) dance with you? He answered, Well you girls are on holiday, why not! We put our indian clothing on and danced the night away with all the adults. Not the first time I felt pure happiness on the dance floor though, and definitely not the last.

- Thank you

3. 13 years old and i finally have a brother. im walking to the hospital. but it was like gasping for air, i was so in need for this positive experience that i knew was so close to me. Being burnt out of our flat and moving every few months to a differnt B&B is not something a hormonal teenager goes through very well. I saw the bundle of white cloth at the side of the hospital bed. these two Blue eyes gazed up at me. they were like two lights from heaven. I sat down in shock at how beautiful he looked. he was passed into my arms, and it was like a jolt of electricity that went right through me. He gripped my little finger really tight and didnt let go. Pure, undivided love was established at that very moment, that i knew would last for the rest of my life. I love you Costa Rouvas Singh Sethi, and I am always there for you.

- Thank you

4. 14, Still living with dad. His music studio had grown. It looked so professionally amazing, so many speakers so much equipment, and the sound was just amazing. I use to just sit there and watch him sometimes, with his crazy experiments, like some kind of sound scientist, its fascinating. One time, he literally said 'Maria, come here. Ive got something to show you'. he explained he had been experimenting with sound formats. Mp3's are a certain quality, and a certain size. But he was making music in files that were ridciulously big because of  the huge amounts of detail and quality within them. He started to play this through high quality equipment. He said 'just dont worry my darling, everything will be alrite'. I started to think, why wouldnt it be? whats he talking about? I heard this sound, and my ears felt funny, they actually started to hurt. Dad said it was normal and not to worry. and before i could control it, tears were rolling down my face. tears of happiness that i couldnt control. I apologised and dad comforted me. Dont worry sweetheart, youve felt some sadness in your life, but thats the real power of music, in this quality, it brings all emotions out. Out of this world experience

-Thank you

5. Morroco - a few years ago. Holiday? more like Stress Test. I was there to experience culture, but the people i went with were there for alot different reasons. ones i couldnt understand. Language barriers, arguments and tears led me to feel very alone in a strange country. We took a car ride into the mountains. I had never seen mountains till this day, i was in awe. They were so beautiful. higher and higher we drove, untill we stopped for a break. i walked to the edge of the road, which was also the cliff.  I looked out infront of me. I was on the edge of the world, a beautiful one. I closed my eyes, put out my arms, and took a deep breath. Freedom. Best moment of that holiday.

-Thank You


6. Last Year - Spent the night with someone special. Woke up in the morning and just had this unexplainable joy inside of me. I felt like i had to sing. Those songs from the 60's full of jazzyness and soul. I  got up and starting youtube -ing these songs and singing at the top of my voice. He started to join me. We started dancing together in some old fashioned waltz thing we made up. Great company, great songs took the Lonliness away that i had previously been feeling and replaced it with happiness.

- Thank you


So i may have done 6, and got a bit carried away........point is made though :)

Oh, its dark is it? I didnt notice, sorry :)

This method may not work for everyone, but its got to work for most. And its definitely worth a shot when youve got nothing to loose. Write them down, think them out loud, or just randomly tell people about 5 amazing moments in your life, youd be surprised how different you will feel.






No comments:

Post a Comment